Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Gulf of misery and woe not just caused by sinI

For years I thought of the atonement as the solution for our sins.  It wasn't til in my later years that it began to dawn on me that it was the solution for all human perdicaments.  When I look back--- I think---how was I so dense----why didn't I get it.  I grow so slowly spiritually it seems  No wonder Heavenly Father gives us a long time on earth  Now that I realize it can help me with everything, the next thing to learn is to remember to use it---to always remember him.  It seems each situation or problem, takes prayer, scripture reading and pondering to figure out how to aply it and feel serene again.  Every now and then he gives me a really good object lesson that I can return to again and again throughout my life.  I guess that is why we need a long probation---until we realize how it can help us with every gulf and every misery and every woe.  I think I know now that, that learning will go on til the day we die----and I guess even longer than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment